1 January 2017

Photos from Finland


Happy New Year! How did everyone get into the new year? Did you do anything nice? I spent the eve fairly quietly at home, and not quite realising yet that it's actually the new year.

I spent Christmas in Finland and wanted to share some of my photos from there with you. I just went home this time without any stops anywhere else, as the time was quite limited. There was only a little bit of snow, not quite covering the whole ground, but we still got into the Christmas spirit perfectly fine. It was icy, but not too cold, and I saw a few really nice sunsets.

We had quiet Christmas celebrations just with the closest family members, and did some of the traditions, like daytime sauna on Christmas Eve, rice pudding with hidden almond breakfast (finder of almond can make a wish), lighting candles on the graves of family members who have sadly passed away, watching the declaration of the Christmas peace from Turku... We also tried to tone down the overeating a bit this year and just made some of our favourites for dinner, like a chestnut and squash nut roast, creamy chanterelle sauce, onion gravy, fresh salads and potatoes.

I hope you like the photos.














6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and Welcome Back, the photographs are so fresh. I am not even there but i can feel the cold fresh snow, and you know when you breath and smoke comes from your breath, that is how well you pics have captured the mood of Finland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww what a lovely thing to say, something that one would want to capture. Of course I'm always too critical with the sceneries and weather, but sometimes photos come out nicely.

      Delete
  2. Stunning looking photos, Happy new year, look forward for more posts from you this 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year - your pictures are so lovely - I love your hedgehog bauble - really cute - and the graves lit up is really moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Johanna! Thank you, the photos quite sum up the Christmas atmosphere at my place.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.