23 March 2016

Bean burritos


I made some simple bean and sweetcorn burritos in wholemeal tortillas, and what a nice weekday meal it made. I added some brown rice and soya mince into these to make them just a little bit more wholesome. I do enjoy this kind of dishes with a little spicy addition of smoked chilli paste, as I normally have most of these ingredients in my cupboard. This dish is very easy to veganise by leaving out the cheese or substituting it with vegan options.

Ingredients
½ cup dried soya mince
1 onion
4 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
1 tbsp vegetable oil
140 g sweetcorn
240 g black beans
5 large vine tomatoes
Ground coriander to taste
Ground cumin to taste
Smoked paprika to taste
Smoked chilli paste to taste
6 tbsp tomato purée
½ cup brown rice
100 g grated Cheddar
8 wholemeal tortilla wraps

Method

Prepare the soya mince as per instructions on the packet and set to side.

Also cook the rice and set to side.

Chop the onion, garlic and chilli finely and start cooking them in oil.

Add the sweetcorn and black beans to the pan followed by the coarsely chopped tomatoes.

Cook them for a while and then add the seasoning to taste.

After a while also add the soya mince and rice and let simmer under lid.

Once the bean mix has cooked nicely, wrap it with some grated Cheddar into the tortilla wraps.
 
 

Enjoy!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the burrito. :)
    Burritos with black beans are my favorite.<3

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course they aren't authentic in any way, but I like them. Black beans are a great filling for veggies! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.