17 February 2016

Jacket potato with pepper and soft cheese filling


The weather has been getting a little chillier here again, so I turn to my winter favourites like jacket potatoes for comfort and warmth. I have also been eating many soups and curries. I wouldn't mind if it stays cold for a while considering what lovely food I feel like eating then. What are your winter favourites?

So for these jacket potatoes with soft cheese filling, I chose the biggest baking potatoes that I could find. In my student days I quite often used to make this sort of bell pepper infused soft cheese and added it to all sorts of dishes. I had been planning for quite a while now to use it as a filling for chunky baked potatoes and it actually worked rather well. I will certainly be making these again! I'm very fond of the whipped soft cheese due to its lightness.

Ingredients

4 large baking potatoes
Vegetable oil
Sea salt
3 orange bell peppers
2 onions
4 garlic cloves
Salt
Ground black pepper
300 g whipped soft cheese

On the side: A salad with blood oranges and mixed leaves


Method

Stab the potatoes several times each with a fork and roll them in an oil and sea salt mix. Place on a baking tray and bake until done.

Chop the onions and garlic finely and cut the bell peppers into cubes. Slow cook them in a pan until they are soft and season with salt and pepper. Let them cool and mix with the soft cheese. You can add some fresh basil into the mix, if you like. Put the mix into the fridge to wait for the potatoes.

Once the potatoes are done, fill them with the soft cheese and pepper mix and serve. I added a blood orange salad to the side for some additional freshness.


Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.