19 September 2015

Spelt, cider and seed rolls


Is there a better way to start a day than with freshly baked healthy rolls? I think not! I made these lovely rolls, but didn't write down the ingredient amounts. I'm very sorry about that, but they were so good that I'm going to bake them soon again and then post the full recipe here.

The main ingredients of the dough were spelt flour, in dry cider soaked oat flakes and sunflower seeds. This mix made very sturdy and filling rolls. They were so great with some butter and cheese.

Here are couple of my older similar recipes: Spelt and cider rolls & Spelt flake and cider rolls 



Enjoy your weekend!

Your VegHog

5 comments:

  1. They look ever so good, I got some spelt flour and have made an original recipe with it that I am going to share on Vegan Mofo 23 September with sweet potatoes, as its very autumnal - but as I've been seeing your rolls a lot, obviously becasue i come by your blog and they always look gorgeous, so who know I may actually give one of them a go. I will def.let you know if I do,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen! I willcheck out your rolls as well, but do let me know if you ever try mine. I'd like to know how you find them. My method is mainly chucking into them whatever I happen to have in the cupboard.

      Delete
  2. these look delicious - I really love your use of cider in your rolls - are they the same ones in the tomato lentil soup photo? (I make that sort of soup all the time and think these rolls would be great with them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! I think that cider gives a nice twist to rolls and they are also wonderful with soup. Those on the photo with the lentil soup are one of my other go-to variations: spelt and carrot rolls. I have few of those recipes on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Here is for example one recipe for carrot and spelt rolls: http://the-veghog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/carrot-and-spelt-rolls.html

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.