4 July 2015

Jurassic Coast Walk – from Swanage to Studland



I went on a lovely walk last Saturday (sorry about the late posting, but I didn't have time to sort out my photos during the week). I did one of my favourite walks that I try to do a few times a year. It's a walk on the Jurassic Coast on the Isle of Purbeck from Swanage to Studland. The Jurassic Coast covers 95 miles of southern English coastline from county Devon to Dorset. It gets its name as there is a rich geological history of 185 million years there, with fossils and rock formations. It's a World Heritage Site recognised by UNESCO. 

The scenery and countryside there is just amazing and last Saturday the weather was just perfect for a little walk, not too hot. This walk takes a couple of hours at moderate pace with stops admiring the wild flowers, the grazing livestock and the beautiful views. There is a good path throughout and even if you are a bit terrified of heights, you don't ever have to go too close to a cliff edge. It's advisable to stay away from them anyway, as there regularly are landslips.

One of the main attractions along this route are the Old Harry Rocks, amazing chalk cliffs.  

We ended our walk as usual at the Bankes Arms pub in Studland. They have some excellent beers there from their own brewery and an amazing beer garden with a sea view. 

Here are some of my photos from that walk. I hope that you'll like them. And have a great weekend!




























2 comments:

  1. What a lovely places you've been, I enjoyed looking at your photos as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! That place is so beautiful and I'm lucky that I can occasionally visit it.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.