6 August 2014

Roasted mini aubergines with a snack board


Do you really need anything else for lunch than a snack board full of beautiful products? The answer is no. I don't know how you feel about this, but I do prefer a cold lunch to a warm meal in the middle of the day. If I'm supposed to work and pay attention after lunch, then a cold light lunch is the best option for me.

Yesterday I assembled these things together as a snack board for two persons, and it had a little bit of a Mediterranean feel. On that board there was nothing else to be cooked than the roasted mini aubergines, and they are easy.



Cut the mini aubergines in half. Pour three tablespoons of olive oil into a roasting tin and one teaspoon of oregano on the top. Put the aubergines there and mix first cut side down and then turn them cut side up for the roasting. Roast them at 220C for about 10 minutes until tender and golden brown. The aubergines can be eaten either warm or cold.



Serve them on a board of snacks, and you can have whatever you like there. These are the items I had on my board with the roasted mini aubergines:

  • green olives
  • emmental cheese
  • roasted pepper antipasti
  • aubergine caviar
  • green heirloom tomatoes
  • olive bread
  • baguette






Do you ever make this kind of lunches, and if so, what are your favourite food items to use then?

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.