24 June 2014

Mushroom and halloumi lasagne

I'm still in Finland for a couple of days. It's not very warm and it's quite windy, so I felt like a vegetarian lasagne would be a suitable dinner in this weather. Don't let my sunny pictures fool you, it hasn't been like that the whole time in the past week. In any case I've had a great time here with my family.

Here's my mushroom and halloumi lasagne recipe.

Ingredients

400 g closed cup mushrooms

2 large onion

1 cloveless garlic

1 tbsp rapeseed oil

800 g tomato puree

1 tsp salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 tsp basil

1 halloumi

100 g emmental

Spinach lasagne sheets

Method

Chop the onions and garlic finely. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions and garlic until soft. Add the tomato puree and seasoning and let simmer for about 10 minutes.

In the meanwhile slice the mushrooms and halloumi. If you pre-grill the halloumi, you'll get a lovely added smokiness to the lasagne. In the summer halloumi tastes so great straight from a coal barbeque.

Layer the sauce, mushrooms, halloumi and lasagne sheets into a large oven dish in the typical lasagne fashion. Top the dish with some emmental cheese and bake at 180C for about 50 minutes or until fully cooked.

Enjoy!

Your VegHog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.