1 April 2014

Heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad


I'm back home from my holiday in Finland. I'm missing my family, but on a more positive note, it's really warm and sunny here. I did some balcony gardening today, some of the seedlings moved outdoors and I tidied the balcony a bit. I think I'm ready for April!

Due to the warmer weather I thought a salad would be a suitable recipe for today. This is just a tomato and mozzarella salad, but I used beautiful heirloom tomatoes to make it more special.

These are the simple ingredients and preparation method. Depending on the amount of the eaters you can determine the ingredient amounts, it can be roughly one heirloom tomato per one mozzarella and seasoning to taste.

Heirloom tomatoes
Mozzarella
Fresh basil leaves
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt
Black pepper

Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella. Place them on a plate and scatter the basil leaves on them and season with salt and pepper. Pour some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the top and serve.



Enjoy the spring!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.