8 February 2014

Tomato salad with lemon dressing


I wanted to make a quick and fresh salad and add a splash of colour among all these winter dishes. So I ended up making this tomato and zucchini salad with some added freshness of a lemon dressing.

Salad:

65g baby leaf salad
275g selected tomatoes
1 zucchini

Dressing:

½ lemon's juice
3tbsp olive oil
3tbsp fresh basil leaves
½tsp salt
½tsp black pepper


Make the dressing by mixing the ingredients together. I don't have a dressing shaker and I normally use a small airtight container for this purpose. Just put all the ingredients in there and shake vigorously.

For the salad half the tomatoes and slice the zucchini thinly. Then layer all the salad ingredients on a plate, drizzle the dressing on the top and enjoy.


Your VegHog

1 comment:

  1. Five years later, but I was looking for a lemon dressing to put on tomatoes. This looks yummy. I wanted to lighten up the winter's dishes, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.