20 March 2013

Courgette Schnitzel with mashed potatoes and steamed mini cauliflowers

 

This entry is basically only a serving suggestion for my own speciality Schnitzel, which I previously shared here: The VegHog's special courgette Schnitzel but I combined it with a really nice meal so I thought I'd tell you about it. I decided not to eat them in burger format as usual but to serve with potato mash and steamed mini cauliflowers. The mini cauliflowers looked so cute in the shop so I simply had to buy them.

I tend to make a large Schnitzel batch every time and therefore already had them in the freezer. My Schnitzel are easy to make so by all means you can make this whole meal from scratch on one day. If you don't have the Schnitzel ready start by making them first while referring to these instructions.


Apart from that you won't need many things for a dinner for two: a few potatoes, an onion, couple of mini cauliflowers and some butter and oil. Start by peeling the potatoes and boiling them for about 30 minutes until they are ready to be mashed. In the meanwhile cut the onion into rings and fry them in oil.

When the potatoes are almost boiled place the whole cauliflowers into a steamer. They will steam pretty quickly since they are so small. Mash the potatoes and stir butter into the mash. Then warm up the Schnitzel in a pan.


Place everything on a plate, put butter on the mash and cauliflowers and enjoy a hearty but pale veggie meal. Pair it with a fresh side salad and you'll have a feast!

Until the next time!

Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.