19 January 2013

Hello flaxseed my old friend!

Flax has been described as the wonder food or the most powerful plant in the world. It's supposed to have great health benefits and it contains many important components, such as Omega-3 essential fatty acids, Lignans and Fiber. Therefore in my opinion every vegan and vegetarian should try to include it into their diet. Read all about it here.





Today I started the day with a flaxseed yogurt. I put fresh blueberries into a cup, poured natural yogurt on it and sprinkled some milled flaxseed on the top: Quick and nutricious, and I even like the actual taste of flaxseed. Flaxseed can be obtained as oil as well but I tend to use organic milled flaxseed. I could easily have made this into a delicious smoothie as well. It's definitely worth a try next time.

You can use flaxseed in all sorts of vegetarian cooking. It's popular in baking, cereal bars, smoothies, you name it! In the internet you can find loads of different flaxseed recipes for vegetarians.

Have a healthy weekend!

Your VegHog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.